Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: understanding the behavior of Method#to_proc"
>     on Thu, 20 Apr 2006 02:19:41 +0900, Eli Bendersky <eliben / gmail.com>
> writes:
>
> |Still, I don't quite understand what does it mean for a Proc to be bound
> |to an object ? Does it have some access to the object's internals, like
> |the method did ? When is this useful ?
>
> Still I don't quite understand what you expect for a Proc not to be
> bound to an object in this case.  It was only reasonable design for
> me.
>
> 							matz.

Matz,

I'm not questioning your design at all - I ask out of sheer curiosity
what this language construct (Proc bound to an object) does, because it
isn't documented anywhere (please correct me if I'm mistaken). Moreover,
I'll be happy to see an example of when this can be useful in Ruby
coding.

That's all I'm asking, really :-)

Eli