On 4/19/06, Gregory Brown <gregory.t.brown / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/19/06, TRANS <transfire / gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't know about other USENET groups.  Are these mail gateways
> common?  If they are, then maybe we're just doing the normal thing.
> If they aren't, maybe there is a reason why they aren't, especially
> when both seem to have the critical mass necessary to co-exist
> peacefully without being tied together.

Python does the same thing with comp.lang.python and the python-list ML.

With Perl, they've got comp.lang.perl, but there's also Perlmonks.
Perlmonks has a system where you can rate posts (which are helpfully
displayed nested), and gain "experience points" if your posts get
rated well. They also have fastidious admins who remove trollish
postings (if any). Perlmonks is an *amazingly* helpful place for
Perlers. They keep that monastery clean. ;)