On Apr 19, 2006, at 12:56 PM, Ross Bamford wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 04:02 +0900, TRANS wrote:
>
>> P.S. What the frak on the gateway? Why hasn't the person/people
>> responsable even said anything about it? This is getting old real
>> quick.
>
> I have to admit I don't know much about this subject, but it seems
> to me
> that a gateway just subscribes to both, and posts messages across the
> divide as they come in, right?
>
> As a *temporary measure* I'd be willing to run something like that
> here,
> I have the spare cycles and bandwidth to do it at the moment but it
> would only be until the real gateway got fixed. If there's enough
> people
> want that, I'll get it set up.

The last thing I need is two copies of every message in my mailbox.

I wish the gateway would just go away.  I always see an increase in
the signal to noise ratio when the gateway goes down.

I also wish the ruby forum gateway would go away, it has reduced the
signal to noise ratio a bunch, and a bunch of people post without
context making it impossible to figure out what they're talking about.

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com