I'll second Moodle ... only problem with it is that it's written in PHP,
not Ruby/Rails. :)

It's a piece of cake to get up and running. In fact, if you're willing
to wait a couple of days, I'll have a VMWare virtual machine with a
complete Gentoo Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP/Moodle stack up on my web site.
It's queued up behind a similar virtual machine with a Rails stack. :)

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

http://linuxcapacityplanning.com