Chris Scharf wrote:

> Now, the ruby-ldap source has a win directory, which has a wldap32.def
> file, and this is used to build the wldap32.lib file.  However, I think
> this .def creates the BAD .lib that comes with MSVC 6, so what I did was
> drop in the one from the platform SDK.

Can you possibly provide me with the good wldap32.def file from the SDK?
I assume it's redistributable, in which case I'll substitute it for the
bad one.

> Now, the tricky part: modifiying the source.  I had to open the
> sslconn.c file, and change a few things.  The first is that the
> rb_ldap_sslconn_bind_f function (around line 260) is missing an
> argument.  The function definition should be:
>
>   VALUE rb_ldap_sslconn_bind_f(int argc, VALUE argv[], VALUE self,
>     VALUE (*rb_ldap_sslconn_bind_func) (int, VALUE, VALUE))
>
> The two functions that follow (rb_ldap_sslconn_bind_s and
> rb_ldap_sslconn_simple_bind_s) make calls to a function called
>
>   rb_ldap_sslconn_bind_func
>
> However, it should be
>
>   rb_ldap_sslconn_bind_f

I'll make these changes to the source.

This would make for a nice 0.9.5 release. If you can send me the .def
file, I'll package up a tar file and send it to you for verification
that things work out of the box.

Thanks for your work on this.