Hi --

I've just (20 minutes ago) returned from Canada on Rails (plus a
couple of days of just Canada), and happy to see a Summer of Code
buzz.

In the next day or two I'm going to set up a roadmap for Ruby
Central's Summer of Code involvement.  Basically, we're going to need
mentors and project ideas, to start with -- and it looks like we're
getting them!  I will definitely go back and glean everything and
everyone who has expressed interest on this list, and start to collect
them.

Mentors have to apply through the Summer of Code site itself
(http://code.google.com/soc/), and check off Ruby Central as the (or
one of the) organizations you're interested in mentoring for.  See the
SOC site for more details and guidelines.

That's a start; more to follow!

David

--
David A. Black (dblack / wobblini.net)