>You twice mention 'reading the stack trace' in Java.  That only helps if you
>HAVE a stack trace.  Many bugs don't involve exceptions.

Yes logic bugs, where the outcome isn't as expected, but these should be
able to be covered with a unit test.  I admit that in a complex system,
sometimes you get to the state where the only way to test something is
to construct a very large integration test simply to determine what is
wrong - this basically points you towards refactoring, as a system where
nothing can be tested without massive investment in infrastructure is
not capable of being tested properly

> I'm all for unit
>tests, but sometimes a debugger is faster.

I think we'll disagree on this one - which is fine :)

Kev