On 4/17/06, Peter Bailey <pbailey / bna.com> wrote:> I have an application that converts PDFs to individual EPS files. When> it does so, it creates a subdirectory with the same name as the original> filename and puts all of the resulting EPS files it creates into that> directory. Well, I have to do a lot of scripting and stuff on those EPS> files. To automate this, I need to know what the directory name is that> it put the files. The application provides a variable, "%2," just for> this purpose. I've gotten this %2 variable to work for me in cmd.exe.> But, I'd like it to work in RUBY. I'm sure it can be done. But, came> someone tell me how I can transfer this %2 variable from my application> to a Dir.chdir target?
%2 is the 2nd argument on the command-line, so you just have to lookfor ARGV[2].
It'd be interesting to find out what %1 is ;)
-austin--Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca