I have an application that converts PDFs to individual EPS files. When
it does so, it creates a subdirectory with the same name as the original
filename and puts all of the resulting EPS files it creates into that
directory. Well, I have to do a lot of scripting and stuff on those EPS
files. To automate this, I need to know what the directory name is that
it put the files. The application provides a variable, "%2," just for
this purpose. I've gotten this %2 variable to work for me in cmd.exe.
But, I'd like it to work in RUBY. I'm sure it can be done. But, came
someone tell me how I can transfer this %2 variable from my application
to a Dir.chdir target?

Example:
A 100 page PDF comes in named IRSp590. The application creates a
subdirectory named "IRSp590." All of the files the application creates
are put into this directory. I just need to get into that directory,
wherever it is, and do stuff to the files.

Thanks.