On 4/15/06, James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Apr 15, 2006, at 5:00 PM, Mike Stok wrote:
>
> > Sounds like you want something similar to a table layout where both
> > the columns and contents of the cells are managed for you.  I'm not
> > sure if HighLine is intended to do this...
>
> Yeah, that's my feeling.  If you can separate the columns, you could
> use HighLine to wrap the text (just pass a StringIO as the output
> stream).  Then you could zip() and join() the columns.
>
> I can't decide if it would be scary cool if HighLine did this, or
> grossly over-reaching it's scope...  :)

I had suggested this when I was working on the menu system a few
months ago.  I wanted to add a HighLine table class.  I can't remember
why we didn't.  It may have been that it was beyond the scope, it may
have been that I didn't have the necessary voodoo at the time to do it
nicely, might have been laziness.  Can't remember.

I actually would be willing to work on this, if I could find the time.
 But I'm not sure if that's going to happen or if it's really
something HighLine needs.

Porting the perl lib might be a cheap and easy way out.