Alder Green wrote:

> I'm working with:
>
> 1. Ruby 1.8.4 (i386-mswin32)
> 2. RubyGems 0.8.11
> 3. Rails 1.1.2 (obtained through RubyGems)
> 4. ruby-breakpoint (0.5.0)
>
> Whenever I require 'breakpoint', the entire Rails framework  gets
> loaded as well.
>
> I tried "gem uninstall rails", and then require 'breakpoint' returned
> false and didn't load Rails, but worked. I tried
> uninstalling/reinstalling ruby-breakpoint - didn't help.
>
> What should I do?  I want to use breakpoint outside of Rails, but
> 400 files are
> loaded, which takes several seconds each time.

I'm the author of ruby-breakpoint and not exactly sure what is happening
there. The gem spec of ruby-breakpoint certainly doesn't include any
dependencies. I don't see why Rails would get loaded.

One way to work around the problem might be to just copy the breakpoint
library files directly into your site-lib directory of Ruby.

I'm not sure what is happening there, though. Perhaps the Rails people
have an idea what might be happening here?

--
http://flgr.0x42.net/