Stephen Caudill wrote:
> Why not just use Mongrel[1]?
>
> It's pure ruby like Webrick and very fast.

I believe Mongrel has native C code in there, but the gem package for
win32 offers a precompiled version.

Curious to learn, though, about migrating WEBrick-based apps to Mongrel.

I've been developing on my WinXP laptop for about 6 months now, and
prior that, a Win2K laptop.  I have a desktop PC, but sitting on the
recliner or the beanbag chair is more comfy.

I've not had WEBrick issues on WinXP or Win2K, though I don't use Ruby
1.8.4 much on Win2K. My Win2k desktop runs some background jobs,  and at
least one (Catapult) is using WEBrick, but nothing too industrial.  And
no MySQL + Ruby 1.8.4.

--
James Britt

"In Ruby, no one cares who your parents were, all they care
  about is if you know  what you are talking about."
   - Logan Capaldo