Hi --

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006, Patrick Hurley wrote:

> http://code.google.com/soc/
>
> I was wondering if there is anything equivalent to the Python Software
> Foundation (http://www.python.org/psf/), that would be the nominal
> sponsor for one or more students and people from the mailing list
> could volunteer to mentor students interested in doing ruby based
> projects. I have not been a (qualifying) student for a long time;
> however, I would be more than willing to assist as a mentor.

There's Ruby Central (http://www.rubycentral.org).  We didn't make it
in last year (the timing of the announcement and the deadline was very
tight...), but I'll follow up on this and hopefully we can do it this
year.

David

--
David A. Black (dblack / wobblini.net)

"Ruby for Rails" coming in PDF April 15, and in paper May 5!
http://www.manning.com/black