On 4/14/06, Victor Shepelev <vshepelev / imho.com.ua> wrote:> Hello all.>> I have code:>> def create_default(type)>   type.new> end>> But with, for example, Float, it suddenly said:>> create_default(Float) #<=== undefined method `new' for Float:Class> (NoMethodError)>> Hmmm? How can I uniformly obtain default value for given class?
What should the default value for a Float be? What are you trying toreally do here?
There are a number of classes that you're not going to be able to call #new on.
-austin--Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca