On 4/13/06, brad tilley <rtilley / vt.edu> wrote:> Gyoung-Yoon Noh wrote:> > TCPSocket#send and TCPSocket#write are functionally same.> > But TCPSocket#puts appends "\n" to the output string.> >> > HTH,>> Yes, thank you for the example. I have been using write, but I did not> see many examples using this method while lots of examples use send and> puts. Should I use send rather than write? Will write be deprecated> someday?>> Thanks>>> --> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.>>
Ruby's standard socket library is very similar to BSD socket interface:send(2) and write(2).
I guess ruby's socket library will support both send and write methodsconsistently along with POSIX as such other cases.
--http://nohmad.sub-port.net