--0-992590617-11449353585093

Let me simplify the description of a task I have to perform.

  I have an array of urls that all point to pdf files. I need to iterate through the array and download each pdf file and extract some simple metadata such as title, author, date, etc that is know to be in each pdf file in either a known place or locatable with a known pattern (regular expression). The output of this would be a directory full of the pdf files and an html index file that lists the metadata along with a hyperlink to the pdf file.

  Do any ruby modules exist to help with this task of downloading pdf files and extracting text from them? Can the open-uri module do this?

  Thanks in advance

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2min or less.
--0-992590617-11449353585093--