--nextPart2862347.9DZegKZLn8

D=C5=88a Utorok 11. Apr=C3=ADl 2006 20:18 chiaro scuro nap=C3=ADsal:
> On 4/11/06, James Britt <james_b / neurogami.com> wrote:
> > How do you plan on running this converted code?  My understanding of VBA
> > is that it is a subset of VB that expects to operate inside a
> > application container (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
>
> I just need to export the business logic, then I will re-write the GUI on
> top of it.
> However, what you could do is to externalize the business logic and to=20
> open excel just as a GUI.  You could also get a reference to a running
> excel instance and hook up some callbacks to it.
>
> I find excel to be a very agile way platform to prototype apps, but after=
> couple of weeks of development it always runs out of options.

Ye gods. Chiaro, meet Rails. Rails, meet Chiaro. I'm sure you'll be the bes=
t=20
of friends once you get to know each other ;P An agile platform to prototyp=
e=20
apps (and then some) that I've yet to come to the end of options of.=20
</fanboy>

> If there is a way to execute Ruby directly, in place of VBA , I'd be
>
> > interested in hearing about it.
>
> Me too :-)
> I'd love to be able to make a call to a Ruby COM Script Engine!

Isn't there ActiveScriptRuby for that? Never actually tried it, just hearsa=
y.

David Vallner