That's fine but I only want it executed ONCE the first time the class is
loaded.

I have a Rails application that creates a new INSTANCE of a controller
class every time a certain URL is requested.

All of the code that isn't in methods is being executed every time the
instance is created.

So do I have to guard my code to ensure that it's only executed once?

Thanks,
Wes