------art_8491_4742510.1144779518248

On 4/11/06, James Britt <james_b / neurogami.com> wrote:

> How do you plan on running this converted code?  My understanding of VBA
> is that it is a subset of VB that expects to operate inside a
> application container (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)

I just need to export the business logic, then I will re-write the GUI on
top of it.
However, what you could do is to externalize the business logic and to  open
excel just as a GUI.  You could also get a reference to a running excel
instance and hook up some callbacks to it.

I find excel to be a very agile way platform to prototype apps, but after a
couple of weeks of development it always runs out of options.

If there is a way to execute Ruby directly, in place of VBA , I'd be
> interested in hearing about it.

Me too :-)
I'd love to be able to make a call to a Ruby COM Script Engine!

--
Chiaroscuro
---

------art_8491_4742510.1144779518248--