Hi Masaki,

Masaki Suketa wrote:
>> I would have expected this to get at least as far the other code. Any
>> idea why the WIN32OLE._invoke call doesn't like the same parameters that
>> work when I call WIN32OLE.OpenApplication?
>
> Sorry, but I do not have any idea.
> How can I get the COM server what you are using?
> If I can get the COM server, then I could investigate it more.

Unfortunately, the software is commercial software and requires a
license to install. I don't suppose there is anything I can check for
you at my end?

> By the way, by using VBScript (not VB) can you realize what you want?
> Unfortunately, if you can not, then you may not write the code
> using Win32OLE.

Good suggestion! I have just tried equivalent scripts in VBScript and
JScript with Windows Scripting Host, and I'm bombing out even earlier.
(And by the way, neither of these scripting languages seems to provide
an equivalent to the really useful ole_methods etc - this is a great
feature of WIN32OLE!).

I guess I'm coming to the conclusion that this work might not be
possible using a scripting tool, although I don't really see why this
has to be so. Then again, if the API to this product wasn't so bad, I
wouldn't have hit these issues! I guess my real frustration should be
with the vendor that provides such an appalling API...

Masaki, I very much appreciate your taking the time to help me with this
problem.

Thanks,

Adam