hi all-

this weekend i managed to compile the gsl (gnu scientific library), narray,
and rb-gsl (ruby binding to gsl) under msys/mingw in a way that is compatible
with the latest one-click installer.

i had a few hiccups along the way but it was more or less straight forward.
i'd like to do a couple of things

   - clarify that a few of my fixes were the right thing to do

   - write up this process for others to be able to follow

   - package the thing up so people can use ruby/gsl under windows easily

there are definitely holes in my windows-fu, as any of you who read the list
will know, and i could really use some input from some of you windows ruby
gurus out there.

if someone feels like pinging me offline to discuss that would be fine or, if
people out there express interest and don't think it's too OT i'll just fire
off the questions here on the list.

regards.

-a
- h.h. the 14th dali lama