--------------020906080607030605050207

Hi Simon,

Simon Strandgaard wrote:
> On 4/9/06, Joern Dinkla <joern / dinkla.net> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>I programmed it to learn Ruby and to improve my coding skills, because i
>>have less than 2,5 weeks of experience with Ruby. I bought the
>
> [snip]
>

> You are doing good.

Thank you very much.

> sometimes you use parentesis and other times you don't.
> def test()     is the same as    def test
> if(cond)     is the same as    if cond
> .length()    is the same as    .length

Yes, sometimes i forgot them. For me the code is easier to read when i
add parenthesis to functions (in definitions and calls). I think this is
because i am still a newbie. But if i do not put the parenthesis at the
end i do not know if its an accessor to an attribute or a function.

But for me there is the exception if a block follows a function call.

	list.each() do |x|

simply does not look as good as

	list.each do |x|

>    File.open(filename) do | file |
>      file.each_line() do |line|
>
> is the same as
>
>    IO.readlines(filename).each do |line|

I will use the File.foreach method as suggested by Christian Neukirchen.

> def initialize(mc  il)
>    if mc.nil?
>      @mc  arkovChain.new()
>    else