-------------------------------1144674097

Dear all,

I am trying to install the linalg library, which requires LAPACK to be
installed.
I use it under Cygwin and downloaded the latest version of Lapack and
installed it. However, in the install process, an error is produced,  because
a header file f2c.h is not found. Yet, I installed libf2c. It has that file
in it,
and I also tried to copy it to the /usr/local/linalg directory, yet it is
still not
found. Can you tell me what option to use in the make process to  successfully
install that library?

Thank you very much,

Axel

--------------
console output:
checking for f2c.h ...: no
A full LAPACK installation was not found.
*** extconf.rb failed ***
Could not create Makefile for some reason, probably lack of necessary
libraries
and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log for more details.You may may  configuration
options.
Provided configuration options:
    --with-opt-dir
    --without-opt-dir
    --with-opt-lib
    --without-opt-libopt-dir}/lib
    --with-make-prog
    --without-make-prog
   --srcdir   --curdir
  --rubysr/local/bin/ruby
install.rb : 127 in 'config' : Configuration failed (Runtime error)
   from install.rb : 78 : in 'each'

from install.rb : 77 : in 'each'
from install.rb : 74 : in 'each'

from install.rb : 124: in 'config'