> I don't think the ruby-talk list gets fewer newbies than the Rails list,
> but they may get a different reception here.
Well, ATM i am not (yet) subscribed to the RoR mailing list so i would not
like to judge it based on some numbers, but according to the RoR archives:

http://wrath.rubyonrails.org/pipermail/rails/

examining jan,feb,march the average count of posts is somewhere between
6000-8000 mails a month... Now that's quite a lot imho.
I could not get the same statistics for the tuby-talk (i did not find a
per-month view in the archives) but it seems to me (just based on my
everyday experience reading ruby-talk) that the average post count is
lower here...or? Does anybody has some numbers on this?

Peter