Bill Guindon wrote:
> On 4/8/06, James Britt <james_b / neurogami.com> wrote:
>>It seems that the Rails community is encountering something of an
>>immigration problem, with a decided cultural impedance mismatch.
>

> Here's my take on it:
>
> The Rails influx is much like the immigrants from mexico.  In this
> case, the Rails list is southern California, and the Ruby list is New
> York.  The migration affects all, but it affects the Ruby list (NY)
> much less than it affects the Rails list (CA).
>
> Just a guess, but it seems to work as an analogy.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of the immigration issues
in Western Europe; I believe there is a more striking collision of
cultures and expectations, and enculturation is far more conflicted.

I don't think the ruby-talk list gets fewer newbies than the Rails list,
but they may get a different reception here.

So maybe Rails is like France, and Ruby (in general) is like NYC.

Or something.

--
James Britt

"Blanket statements are over-rated"