I am just begining with Ruby (decent overall programming background
though) and I'm looking to try out the pdf-writer ruby gem.

I read the guide from the pdf-writer author, Austin Ziegler
(http://www.artima.com/rubycs/articles/pdf_writer4.html) and I'm having
a small problem which is I'm sure, indicative of my shallow
understanding of Ruby :)

So here's my problem:

I'd like to use the SimpleTable class, and in the article I was directed
to put:

require 'pdf/writer'
      require 'pdf/simpletable'

which makes sense, except i'm used rubygems to install pdf-writer and
that apparently changes the way I use require, namely:
require 'rubygems'
require_gem 'pdf-writer'

NOW:) I can't figure out how to 'require" the SimpleTable class

I'm running OSX Tiger and I have my whole ruby and rails set up in
/usr/local (I followed the instructions in
http://hivelogic.com/articles/2005/12/01/ruby_rails_lighttpd_mysql_tiger)

Long setup to a simple question I know, but I like to cover everything
:)

cheers and thanks in advance!