Xeno Campanoli wrote:
> root@baldwin:~# gem install -r rake
> Attempting remote installation of 'rake'
> Successfully installed rake-0.7.1
> /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in
> `require__': no such file to load -- rdoc/rdoc (LoadError)

Looks like you don't have rdoc installed.  Since rdoc is a standard part
of the ruby distribution, I'm guessing that you are running ruby on a
debian or debian based system that has split up standard ruby into
multiple packages.

Check your distribution packages for the ruby/rdoc package.  You might
want to double check for other things that are missing as well.

--
-- Jim Weirich