Hello,

In the past, we've used Debian's package management system (apt) to
handle installing and upgrading Ruby. We're considering building Ruby
from source on our next production Web server (an Ubuntu Breezy box).

Let's say we compile Ruby ourselves. Down the road, when we want to
upgrade to another Ruby version, we'll build then run "make install" to
install the new version. When we do this, how do we make sure that any
stray files from the previous version get cleaned up?

Do you see what I'm getting at? If the current version of Ruby contains
a file called something.rb and the newer version does not, how do we
make sure that something gets deleted when we upgrade?

Thank you,
Ben