------art_4974_16009028.1144333525097

On 4/6/06, James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2006, at 8:08 AM, Peter Szinek wrote:
>

> However, I should warn that I'm getting stricter and stricter about
> making most submitters solve the problem before we run it.  Have to
> make sure it's a reasonable problem.

And you do well, doing so.
But I think, coming up with a reasonably understandable specification of the
problem and submitting it to Ruby Quiz has its own rewards.
 (a) By understanding the problem, one might be very close to the solution.
      Actually it is a Conditio Sine Qua Non, but sometimes we are not aware
of it.
 (b) Discussing the thing on-list before submission will get some useful
feadback.
 (c) If you are out of ruby-quizzes (and that it may never happen) it might
be good to have some ideas on the shelf.
One shall not be disappointed if you reject it, but as I stated above it
would be for a good, well explained reason, so it should not be taken
personally.

Robert

--
Deux choses sont infinies : l'univers et la bise humaine ; en ce qui

- Albert Einstein

------art_4974_16009028.1144333525097--