On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 02:03:34AM +0900, Gregory Brown wrote:
} I really didn't want to start a license flame war.  I've responded
} below, but please keep in mind that my personal beliefs and my
} pragmatic beliefs are somewhat disjointed, and that for the
} community's sake, I'd always side with my pragmatic feelings.
}
} Meaning... when GPLv3 comes out, do we.
}
} a) Resist it by removing any "any later version" clauses from our
} license agreements which use the license of ruby
}
} b) Embrace it and re-release code using GPLv3 and Matz's terms, but
} make sure the FSF hears the voice of our community beforehand.
}
} c) Can it entirely and favor an established license such as the BSD license.
}
} d) Draft up our own license, possibly with cartoon foxes.

You forgot one:

e) Ignore it, continue to release under v2 with the clause that allows
   others to choose to license it under v3, and not include any non-v2
   patches/code.

--Greg