On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> BTW my work on RubyAST is halted until i have a ruby-in-ruby parser I can
> play with. The issue is that although I want RubyAST to be more central
> than a parser, i can't actually tune it to be easy to use until I have a
> parser to play with :-(

I ran into a similar bottleneck while looking at writing a code editor.

It would be nice if the Ruby parser exposed an API, even if the internals
are going to change dramatically with the switch to byte-code.

It'd be good even if it just said "this is a variable, this is a function,
this is a parameter, this is an expression" - not much more than lexing,
but with guaranteed accuracy.

One day. :)

--
  spwhite / chariot.net.au