Jonathan Weiss wrote:

>> I just posted the gems so it might take a bit to get the fix.
>
> I do not know, if this is related to the deployment of the gems.
>
> # gem install mongrel
> Attempting local installation of 'mongrel'
[...]
> Install required dependency daemons? [Yn]
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (ArgumentError)
>      parse error on line 0, col 31: `!ruby/object:Gem::Specification '

Hmmm ... my guess is that you are running Ruby 1.8.2 and the daemons gem
was generated on a Ruby 1.8.3 system.  1.8.3 omitted the "---" prefix on
yaml output which makes it incompatible with 1.8.2 systems.  The Yaml in
Ruby 1.8.4 generates the '---' (to be compatible with 1.8.2) and will
accept yaml without the '---' (to be compatible with 1.8.3).

Confused yet?

Your course of action is to

(1) upgrade to Ruby 1.8.4
(2) talk the daemons author (or some other kind soul) to provide an
update

There is also a (3) option, which is try out the beta version of the
gems command (which patches 1.8.3 gems on the fly), but we just started
testing that and I'm not recommending it for general consumption yet.

--
-- Jim Weirich