On 2006-04-02 13:29:04 -0700, "Trans" <transfire / gmail.com> said:

> As I reported earlier there seems to be some issues with setup.rb.
> After investingating deeper it appears that there may be some very odd
> bugs lurking within. There's is a lot of good code in their, but I'm
> starting to think it may need a fresh rewrite. Of course, it doesn't
> help that Minero whas not responded to my emails, and appearnetly does
> not frequent this list.

I have had similar troubles. Testing was added in a recent version (a
few months ago, IIRC) and was broken. I sent him a patch and recieved
no response.

If anyone knows a sure-fire way to get ahold of him so I know he at
least had the opportunity to consider my patch (which I'm using in my
own projects without trouble), I'd love to know, please privately
contact me.

It sounds like this will end up becoming a (for lack of a better term)
"qmail patching nightmare" unless we get some consensus on what tool to
use or how to provide patches for it. On another note, having tools
like this in the standard distribution (like MakeMaker is for perl)
would really eliminate a lot of the problems.