On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:36:24PM +0900, James Edward Gray II wrote:
> On Apr 4, 2006, at 6:30 AM, Robert Dober wrote:
>
> >Rewriting cron in ruby
>
> Call me crazy, but that one sounds like fun to me.  :D

You should aim high, and think "bigger than cron".

Create one convention-over-configuration Ruby program with Needles that
can replace crond, atd, init, supervise, inetd and anything else that
starts a program ever; make it supports port-proxying, lazy loading of services, signal handling, session-handling and automatic dependency discovery. *Then* you're talking.

Cron? Tchoh.

Martin