Hi,

On 4/3/06, Stupergenius <stupergenius / gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, the exact source I am using is:
>
> require 'gst'
>
> Gst.init
> unless ARGV.length == 1
>   $stderr.puts "Usage: #{__FILE__} <mp3 filename>"
>   exit 1
> end
>
> # create a new pipeline to hold the elements
> pipeline = Gst::Pipeline.new
>
> # create a disk reader
> filesrc = Gst::ElementFactory.make("filesrc")
> filesrc.location = ARGV.last
> puts "Using file "+ARGV.last
>
> # now it's time to get the decoder
> decoder = Gst::ElementFactory.make("spider")
>
> # and an audio sink
> audiosink = Gst::ElementFactory.make("alsasink")
>
> # add objects to the main pipeline
> puts filesrc, decoder, audiosink, pipeline
> pipeline.add(filesrc, decoder, audiosink)
>
> # link elements
> filesrc >> decoder >> audiosink
>
> # start playing
> pipeline.play
>
> while pipeline.iterate do end
>
> # stop the pipeline
> pipeline.stop
>
> puts "all done"
>

> And I am calling it with:
> ruby gst_test.rb glyn.mp3

What do you get if you use:

$ gst-launch filesrc location=glyn.mp3 ! spider ! alsasink

# syntax not tested :-)

If nothing, then the problem is probably elsewhere.  I suspect you do
not have a MP3 decoder library on your machine and/or I believe the
spider just calls the mad plugin (which you do not have).

Laurent