Hi,

In message "Re: unpack signed short in network (big-endian) byte order"
    on Fri, 31 Mar 2006 06:38:43 +0900, "baumanj / gmail.com" <baumanj / gmail.com> writes:

|However, of these 18 formats, 8 are missing. There are more than enough
|unused characters to specify them (j J k K o O r R t T W y Y z). I
|tried to come up with consistent mappings based on what already exists
|and this is what I came up with (?s indicate that the format is not
|currently supported):

The pack templates are derived from Perl, and I don't want to add our
own templates.  I just talked with Larry Wall who gave presentation at
YAPC::Asia Tokyo, and he said he was not sure how to deal pack
templates in Perl6 yet.  Maybe we can meet agreement to add new pack
templates, or we can think of other feature to pack/unpack binary
data, such as cstruct module in Python.

							matz.