> Accounting stuff and floats don't go together very well, so now I'm

1 Dutch guilder is wordt 2.20something Euro.

that's a float :)
Admitted, you can treat it as Rational, but I've already heard of a
double conversion missing a Dutch cent...

I'd like Rationals in Ruby, but a few divisions can run into huge
BixNums for denominator and whatstheothercalled. That can be an
unexpected speed slowdown. Guess you'd get:

  5 / 2     => Rational(5, 2)
  5.0 / 2   => Float(2.5)

which raises the question:

  Rational(5, 2) / 3.0  => Rational? Float?

Just My Hfl 0.02, which is not available in coins anyway.

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ------- http://members.chello.nl/~k.vangelder ---+