Julian Fitzell wrote:
> Hrmr... I haven't seen this problem before.  Avi is the main guy on Iowa but he's away at the moment... I'm sure he'd know what your problem is instantly.
>
> Have you been able to install any other packages?  It seems like the variables aren't being evaluated or something but if you look in install.rb, the only one it uses is $sitelibdir... it might be a problem with one of the dependencies - I'm currently using an unstable version of Ruby for testing.
>
> Has anyone else had any problems installing Iowa on 1.6.4?

install.rb depends on the global variable $sitelibdir.
Maybe this was changed in 1.6.4 ?

Here is the changed install.rb that works.

require 'rbconfig'
require 'ftools'
$sitelibdir = Config::CONFIG['sitelibdir']

File.makedirs("#{$sitelibdir}/iowa")
File.cp('iowa.rb', $sitelibdir, true)
Dir['src/*'].each{|f| File.cp(f, "#{$sitelibdir}/iowa", true)}

Regards,

  Michael

--
Michael Neumann