DT> Once I get Rubicon stable, perhaps it would be an idea to set up a
DT> network of different machines tat go a CVS update, make, and run make
DT> test and rubicon every night, reporting their results back to a
DT> central web site. That way we'd find things like this early. Do people
DT> think this might work?

Yes!  This was brought up for perl at an O'Reilly conference once.
The idea was to have uploads to CPAN go through a gauntlet of a bunch
of OS's.  At the end you had a report of which OS's the module worked
on.  I think it was a great idea.  I don't know if it ever got
traction though. Of course they didn't have the nice testing
facilities that ruby has (I don't think...).

-joe