Funnily enough, we are looking for ideas for good, short Ruby projects for
Bitwise at the moment. We have an introductory Ruby tutorial online at the
moment. We plan to wrap that up by the end of April. After that I want to
run some occasional Ruby programming columns. I was thinking along the lines
of doing some simple file/text processing projects (e.g. maybe some HTML
search/replace tools for webmasters), some disk utilities (finding files,
sorting by size across multiple directories?), maybe even a game (well, I'm
an adventure game freak at heart).

But if you have any other ideas, please let me know.

best wishes
Huw Collingbourne
 Bitwise Magazine
     www.bitwisemag.com