OK you Regexp gurus out there (has anyone noticed the relative size of
regexp threads -anything with regexp seems to excite lots of attention).

I have a puzzler. I've been combing the ruby-talk archives trying to
convert the BlogRD format to Textile.
BlogRD marks links with ((< >)) and I thought it would be simple to use
the pattern /\(\(<(.+)>\)\) to get the links.

Problem:

Having two links in the same block of text completely screws up the results:

TXT="((< Link one >)) and a bit further down ((< Link two >))"
LINK=/\(\(<(.+)>\)\)/

TXT=~LINK
p $1
---
" Link one >)) and a bit further down ((< Link two "

I was expecting " Link one "
Why the result? Where id I go wrong?
V.-
P.S.
Take your time,I solved the parsing problem another way.
--
http://www.braveworld.net/riva

http://www.freemail.gr - δωρεάν υπηρεσία ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου.