Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:18695] Re: non-blocking File#eof (was Re: Non-blocking socket use in threads?)"
    on 01/07/28, ts <decoux / moulon.inra.fr> writes:

|S> I did look briefly at the Ruby source, and I could not easily figure out
|S> a patch to fix the behavior, unfortunately...
|
| Just add a flag (FMODE_PIPE, or ???), and test this flag in rb_io_eof()

Well, I think the point is what we should check by IO#eof, i.e. if IO
met EOF already (passive), or if EOF is waiting at the stream (active).
The current behavior of Ruby and Perl is active, Tcl is passive.

							matz.