On 3/29/06, Dmitry Buzdin <buzdin / gmail.com> wrote:

> And tell me one more thing - why some of You afraid of Ruby becoming
> popular?

I'm not afraid of it becoming popular in general.  Am I afraid of it
becoming popular like Walmart?  You bet ya.  I don't want ruby to be
low prices always.... at the expense of it's community.  To the extent
that it gets popular, I should hope that it does so on it's own merit,
which it is already doing.

Ruby can be appreciated and competent rubyists can be found without
some sort of organization telling me what a good Rubyist is or what I
should know to be considered competent.