In article <arj87.5619$Tj3.456492 / e420r-atl2.usenetserver.com>,
Ned Konz  <ned / bike-nomad.com> wrote:
>Anyway, I'm looking to replace my Perl with Ruby (at least for the stuff I do
>for myself).

The way Ruby is growing you might not have to limit your Ruby proramming
to just personal use for very much longer.

>I'd also like to have a Windows/CE version of Ruby to do
>scripting stuff on my NEC MobilePro 770.
>
>The Ruby community seems to have the reputation of being helpful and
>supportive, like the Squeak community. I'm glad to be here.

I've found this to be a very helpful community as well.

Welcome!  The more who join, the more influence Ruby gains.

Phil