On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 11:31:55AM +0900, Eric Hodel wrote:
} On Mar 28, 2006, at 3:22 PM, Benjohn Barnes wrote:
}
} >On 28 Mar 2006, at 22:40, David Ishmael wrote:
} >
} >>Whew, I was running out of ideas.  ;)  Glad it's working now.
} >
} >Still seems to be grinding though. I wonder if gems could also be
} >distributed through bit-torrent, or something?
}
} There are better solutions already on the table.  The problem is that
} the gem index is really big.  It doesn't need to be as big as it is.

I suspect that most of it doesn't change very often (meaning that the
amount of change from day to day is pretty small, not that there are large
pieces that never change). Perhaps rsync would be of use here.

} Eric Hodel - drbrain / segment7.net - http://blog.segment7.net
--Greg