Hi,

  I'm trying to learn a programming language and this one came up in my
searches as a fairly easy one. I've never taken any courses and have
absolutely zero knowledge of programming or scripting. The main reason I want
to learn a language is just to simply make my own scripts for a MUD I play
online, heh.

  Anyway, I found a place to at least get me started and I had to do this
program below. The problem I'm having is that at the end, it shows the
persons name as, example: JimmySBrown instead of Jimmy S Brown. How do I get
it to add the two spaces I need?

puts  'Please tell me your first name.'
first_name = gets.chomp
puts 'Please tell me your middle initial.'
middle_initial = gets.chomp
puts 'Please tell me your last name now.'
last_name = gets.chomp
var1 = first_name
var2 = middle_initial
var3 = last_name
name = var1.to_s + var2.to_s + var3.to_s
puts 'Pleased to meet you, ' + name + '!'