Am 29 Mar 2006 um 14:43 hat Just Another Victim of the Am geschrieben:

> "Dirk Traulsen" <dirk.traulsen / lypso.de> wrote in message
(..)
> > Can somebody please explain this strange order of execution to > > > me?
(..)
>     So, you're calling "print" and passing it four parameters.  But, with
> the third parameter, you're passing in the return value of "method1."
> Therefore, you need to call it and, as such, you will be calling it before
> you call "print."

That was my misunderstanding. I thought

print "string", method1

would be identical to

print "string"
print method1

> So, because "method1" is called first, the string printed from
> within that method gets printed first, as its side effect.
> Then the return value
> of that method gets returned to the caller, as a parameter to the method
> call "print."  So then "print" gets called with its four parameters and they
> are printed, in that order.
>     Hopefully, the order of your printed strings is a mystery no more...

That is very clear now. Thanks a lot for the really good explanation.

I must say that I'm impressed by the fast and friendly help of this
list even in case of this clear beginner question.

Dirk