Am 29 Mar 2006 um 14:18 hat Hal Fulton geschrieben:

> Dirk Traulsen wrote:
> >
> > Can somebody please explain this strange order of execution to me?
> >

> All the arguments to your print are evaluated, including the
> method call. So the stuff inside that method is printed first.

Alright, so the method calls are executed first already during evaluation. I thought

print "string", method1

would be identical to

print "string"
print method1

> Then the print occurs normally (with your return value in place
> of the method call). Thus your result.

Ah, got it.

> However: Why would you ever do this?  ;)

To improve my still humble Ruby knowledge I was analyzing scripts I
find on the net to see whether I understand them. I found this case
and couldn't understand the output.

Thanks for your help!
Dirk