Jeppe Jakobsen wrote:
> Hey if people is against an exam, why not make it more like a test so that
> people and especially newbies (like me!) would know on which areas to
> improve themselves?
> I've seen such a test for C++, and I thought it was a really great tool.

Want to get better at Ruby? Help answer questions on ruby-talk.

People ask all sorts of stuff, from the simple to the sublime.

When a question comes up, offer an answer.

See, if you take a test in private, you can be a major doofus and no one
need know.  But if you try answering questions in public, then the
pressure is on; few things sharpen the mind like fear of public ridicule.

Actually, few people get ridiculed here. But if you are wrong, people
*will* point it out; so you either confirm you knowledge, or expand it.

Far better than any test.

Want a certificate? Tell people to Google "Ruby+#{your_name}" and judge
for themselves.

--
James Britt

"In Ruby, no one cares who your parents were, all they care
  about is if you know  what you are talking about."
   - Logan Capaldo