I want to compile the ruby source so I can have a play with the source
and try creating some extensions :)

So far I have Eclipse IDE with CDT (C Development Tools) and SVN
installed, as well as Mingw32 which contains gcc, g++ and mingw32-make.

1. Is this a reasonable setup for windows?

2. What should the makefile look like, I tried running the makefile.in
but I get:

mingw32-make -f makefile.in clean all
makefile.in:12: *** missing separator.  Stop.

Looking at the readme I should use ./configure to generate a makefile,
but of course it does not run on win32, I tried running it on Cygwin but
it didnt make anything.

Many thanks, Pete.